(College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario)
(Speech-Language and Audiology Canada):
(The Ontario Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists):
Sylvia on LinkedIn:
Looking for ways to improve your speech?
Here are some ideas to use on your own or in conjunction with one of my accent reduction programs:
- Sylvia runs a drop-in group for Accent Management through Meetup. www.meetup.com/Toronto-Accent-Management-Group.
- Check your pronunciations of key vocabulary words with the recordings at www.Merriam-Webster.com.
- Find a Toastmaster’s group in your area to develop your professional speaking skills. Ideal after you’ve completed a course. Let your group know what to listen for! www.toastmasters.org.
- CBC Radio 1 – 99.1fm. Listen here for great talk radio. While many of the hosts are native English speakers, some are not – but they speak very clearly. Listen live or to podcasts: www.cbc.ca.
- Voice of America: http://learningenglish.voanews.com. This is an excellent site for practicing your communication skills in conjunction with the materials and goals provided by Sylvia.
- English Accent Coach: The interactive online game that improves your English pronunciation. www.englishaccentcoach.com.